Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Blogging Task 6: Teaching Observation

On Friday, June 2 from 1:00 PM, please attend the "Diamond" Junior High School "Research Classes" and observe two English classes.
Please answer the following questions you learned about the classes by Tuesday, June 5 and comment on a classmate's blog by Wednesday June 6. After commenting on a classmate's blog please tell me whose blog you commented on by commenting to this post. To protect the privacy of the school, please do not use the teacher's name nor the name of the school.

In your post about the class at Diamond Junior High School please answer the following:
1) What was the goal of the class?
2) What activities did the students do to accomplish the goal?
3) What was the role of the teacher in this class?
4) From watching the teacher and students, did you receive any hints or clues as to how to have a successful English class?

Please be prepared to discuss what you wrote in class on June 8.

10 Comments:

Blogger cheesecake said...

Hello! I'm chessecake.
First of all, I will answer your question. I am thinking about the criticism of the repetition, but I don't comprehend why the repetition was criticized because I thought that the repetition was better than one I was experienced in junior high school. What do you think about the criticism?
I commented on Happy days's blog. I could learn many things from two English classes.
Thank you.

11:44 AM  
Blogger 34mihotch said...

Hello,I'm Mihotch.
I read and commented on cheesecake's blog.Cheesecake's opinion“teacher's good pronunciation is important”was very interesting.
Thank you.

7:11 PM  
Blogger 74napochi said...

Hello. I'm napoti.
I read ''yuuyanikki'' and comented in it. His opinion is simple but it is easy to understand.
Thank you.

7:23 PM  
Blogger gakusei said...

Hello!I'm gakusei.
I commented on Yoshie m English.I'm agree to (1) especially,"to use English fluently"
Thank you.

7:25 PM  
Blogger johnwang said...

Hi i read and commented on happy days blog. The writing is clear and helpful. Thank you. Have a nice day.

9:12 PM  
Blogger Eringo said...

I read and commented on 74napochi's blog. I agree with her opinion that teacher should respect the students' idea.
Thanks,
Eringo

1:04 AM  
Blogger Maruchan said...

Hello.
I read Johnwang and PetaPata's blog and commented on it.

10:01 AM  
Blogger rip said...

Hello,I'm RIP.
I commened on Eringo's blog.It was interesting for me.

1:02 PM  
Blogger happy days said...

Hi, I'm happy days. I read Cheesecake's blog and commented on it. I agree with her because I also think repetition of practice is very important but his(the 9th grade's) class was actually criticized as you told me. I didn't know but yesterday I contemplated. Probably I think the reason is that the way of practicing was wrong because he showed new words without meanings first. It is very hard to understand the meanings only speaking repeatedly. At first, I thought it was good way but I thought it might be wrong as you said. However, I don't know what was wrong in fact, please tell me why he was criticized.
Finally, thank you for coming to my blog.

Thanks,
happy days

3:19 PM  
Blogger fantasista said...

Hi! I'm Fantasista. I commented on pinchhitter's blog.

9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home