Thursday, May 11, 2006

Blogging Task 3: Vocabulary Teaching and Learning in Taiwan

A couple of weeks ago I discovered a class blogging project in Taiwan. The class is an English Teaching Methodologies class at Tamkang University in Taipei. The teacher's name is Alice Chui (Please click on her name to see her class blog). Last March, Ms. Chui asked her class to think about how they were taught vocabulary when they were in junior and senior high school and also to write about what they think it the best way to teach vocabulary.

Last week and this week in Japan, we have reviewed and experienced various ways of teaching vocabulary, from presenting the words and meanings to teaching vocabulary through comprehenisible input.

I would like you to read at least two of the students' posts and comment on at least one. Please tell me which posts you left a comment leaving a comment on this post. For example if you read Shirly and Gabriel's blog and commented on Garbiel's blog, you would leave a comment on this post saying "I read Shirley's and Iris's blogs and commented on Shirley's blog.
Below are the links to various posts about vocabulary learning from students in Ms. Chui's class. I am sure that I have left out some interesting posts, so if you would like to read more you can go to Ms. Chui's home page and look at the blogs of students who have been left off the list. Also, if you would like to comment on a post not related to vocabulary teaching but something else, please do. There is a lot of interesting information, thoughts, and perspectives on these blogs! Reading these blogs will help enlighten you about different apporaches to foreign language teaching.
Posts about Vocabulary Teaching
Cathy
Estela
Gillian
Iris
Miranda
Nancy
Shirley
Wings of Angel

Posts Related to Vocabulary Teaching
Gabriel (Explains the origin of the phrase "It's raining cats and dogs")
Olivia (Presents vocabulary and grammar learning websites)

9 Comments:

Blogger JH said...

To Iris,
Thank you for your comment and I am really impressed that you can speak 5 languages! (I just read your profile on blogger). I am looking forward to hearing about how you were able to learn so many languages.
JH

12:34 AM  
Blogger JH said...

To Estela,
Thanks for your comment and enthusiasm for interacting with the students in ETM3. I am looking foward to talking to our future conversations.

12:41 AM  
Blogger Maruchan said...

I read Miranda and Nancy's blog and commented on Miranda's blog.
Both of the blogs gave me interesting and useful stories.

3:48 PM  
Blogger fantasista said...

I have read Shirley and Estela. I left my comment one Shirley's blog.

3:50 PM  
Blogger patapata said...

Dear sir,
I'm PataPata. I read Gillian's and Cathy's blog and left my comment on Gillian's one.
I'm glad to know many opinions of students in the world. I'm looking forward to share their thought with us.

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Luke Bryan is my favourite US contry singer. His voice takes me away from all troubles of this planet so I can enjoy my life and listen songs created by his. Now he is going on a tour in 2019. The concerts scheduled for this year, up to the mid-October. Tickets are available for everyone. If you love country music as mush as I, then you must visit at least one of his concert. All tour dates are available at the [url=https://lukebryantourdates.com]Luke Bryan tour[/url]. Visit the website and make yourself familiar with all Luke Bryan concerts in 2020!

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Florida Georgia Line is my favourite country music band. Headliners Brian Kelley and Tyler Hubbard are those people that could make anyone sing along with them. That's why I like to attend their shows. And - that's surprisingly beatiful - in 2019 they have CAN'T SAY IT AIN'T COUNTRY TOUR which covers all the USA towns and cities. For more information visit [url=https://fgltour.com]Florida Georgia Tour Schedule[/url].

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breaking Benjamin is my favourite rock-band of 2000s. Breaking Benjamin had so many hits! The ones I remember are 'The Diary of Jane', 'Tourniquet' and their hit 'So Cold'. These are real songs, not fake like today! And it is sooo good that they have a tour in 2020! So I'm going to visit their concert this year. The concert dates is here: [url=https://breakingbenjaminconcerts.com]https://breakingbenjaminconcerts.com[/url]. Check it out and maybe we can even visit one of the concerts together!

2:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[url=https://flyingbeast320.mrworlds.info/had-to/mI9rhdeEo5ihnaw][img]https://i.ytimg.com/vi/6Z8UvTq_mis/hqdefault.jpg[/img][/url]

Had to Sit outside [url=https://flyingbeast320.mrworlds.info/had-to/mI9rhdeEo5ihnaw]our[/url] house, because of My...

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home